APR Chairs Process
Identify Eligible APR Candidates
- Become familiar with the computer-based Examination and support materials.
- Recruit, identify and invite candidates. Promote value and benefits of Accreditation.
- Identify volunteers to work with you as coaches, mentors and Panel Presentation members.
- Guide volunteers to ensure that they are familiar with materials appropriate for their roles.
- Receive names from UAB of candidates approved in your area.
- See Candidate Process Chart
Deliver Coaching, Mentoring, Support Services
- Download UAB-provided APR Coach’s version of APR Study Guide.
- Use Coach's Guide in combination with online exercises, reference materials and Online Study Course to deliver local prep program.
- Offer prep support, mentoring and other resources to candidates.
Schedule Panel Presentation
- Receive request from candidate to schedule the Panel Presentation.
- Confirm candidate's eligibility with the UAB.
- Receive copies of Candidate's Panel Presentation Questionnaire.
- Distribute candidate's questionnaire and panelists' materials to three panelists 15 business days before Panel Presentation.
- Explain what is required and time commitment to panel participants, i.e., approximately two hours to review each candidate's questionnaire and develop questions to ask during the session, and one-to-two hours for each Panel Presentation.
- Designate Panel Presentation Chair.
- Schedule candidate(s) for Panel Presentation.
Conduct Panel Presentation
- Conduct presentation. Vote to Advance/not Advance candidate to computer-based Examination.
- Send original copy of candidate’s questionnaire and scoring forms to UAB.
- Receive UAB notification of Advance/not Advance status unless candidate has requested that UAB not send you notification.
- If candidate does not Advanced, re-schedule Panel Presentation upon candidate's request no sooner than 90 days after first presentation.
- If candidate is Advanced, provide support and encouragement to proceed to the computer-based Examination while preparation is fresh.
Candidate Takes Examination
- Create supportive environment for candidate. Encourage additional preparation if the candidate does not succeed when he/she takes the computer-based Examination.
- Receive UAB notification of results unless candidate has requested that UAB not notify you.
- Schedule APR presentation/celebration at local event.