It is the responsibility of each and every APR to tout their success, network with Accredited peers and help identify and encourage the next APR.
Consider advancing Accreditation in the below ways:
- Put APR on everything ... email signature, business card, written correspondence, presentations and a LinkedIn profile to name a few. You earned it, be proud!
- Share a brief testimonial to positively influence candidates or help fellow APRs position the credential to supervisors or potential employers. Email your thoughts and watch the Accreditation website and social media for their posting.
- As someone who has earned Accreditation, you know what it takes. If you see the potential in colleagues or acquaintances, invite them to become Accredited.
- Congratulate newly Accredited members. You have a common bond through APR and may find your network enhanced by the relationship.
- Engage in Accreditation social media, including LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook. You can ask your peers industry questions and bounce public relations-related ideas off of them.
- Use this handy "how-to" guide for more tips on promoting APR via social media.
University Waivers for APR
In recognition of the mastery of strategic communication practice, competencies and ethical standards achieved by those who have earned APR, there are several universities that offer waivers for professionals that hold the designation. Special bonus: earning an advanced degree qualifies you for automatic APR renewal during that three-year cycle.